So.. I came around to see the new Insidious. I been waiting on it so excited and… what shall I say? I don’t know.
We get to meet Elise again and this time we see an old torturer of hers. When she was a kid her father beat her and punished her by putting her in a dark basement when she spoke about ghosts she saw in the house. When she was in the basement something tricked her into opening a door and something came out. Something scary.
Fast forward til 2010 and she’s older now. She gets a call about a haunting and turns out – it’s her old house she lived in as a kid. The person living there now need help for the haunting is becoming bad. First Elise didn’t want to take this job but then she decides to. And what is about to be uncovered can put chills in your spine.
‘Insidious’ horror franchise is one I love but the third movie and certainly this one didn’t impress me too much. At first ‘The Last key’ had it’s scary moment and made me go “HELL NO” but closer to the end it got, less scary it became. Almost felt very rushed. At least with the first 2 they took their time with it and that’s not the case with this one. Felt a bit disappointed.
I wouldn’t exactly recommend it to anyone but if you have been following the saga from the get go then I say watch it. Get your own opinion about it.
Who are the actors in this film and where do we know them from?
- Lin Shaye – Elise (Insidious, There’s Something About That Mary, The Black Room, Mountain Top)
- Leigh Whannell – Specs (Insidious, Saw, Cooties, The Bye Bye Man)
- Angus Sampson – Tucker (Insidious, Winchester, Fargo, Mad Max: Road Fury)
- Kirk Acevedo – Ted Garza (Band of Brothers, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Arrow, Kingdom)
- Caitlin Gerard – Imogen ( Magic Mike XXL, The Assignment, Smiley, Pocket Listing )
- Spence Locke – Melissa (Resident Evil: Extinction & Afterlife, Cougar Town, Bridal Boot Camp)
- Josh Stewart – Gerald ( The Collector, The Collection, The Punisher, The Dark Knight Rises)
- Bruce Davison – Christian (X-Men, Blindspot, The Exorcist TvShow, Kingdom)
Who is the director and what is she/he known for?
Adam Robitel, a Emmy-nominated producer, writer & director, you might have seen his previous work such as Paranormal Activity: Ghost Dimension (2015), The Taking of Deborah Logan (2014), Cut/Print (2012), He’s a talented in what he does and make sure you check out some of his film today!