There has been so many different Spider-Man movies starting with Tobey Maguire, he was a good one and he sparked my love for Spider-Man. Then we got Andrew Garfield, maybe not the best choice. Amazing Spider-Man movies wasn’t bad at all in itself but Andrew Garfield, I don’t know. Then we got the latest one – Tom Holland. I was a skeptic but when I saw a preview of Tom’s Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War I got interested and couldn’t wait to see the Spider-Man film. And I finally got to see Homecoming.
Peter, an awkward teen and got just as an awkward best friend. He lives with his aunt May, she cares for him and is great with him. But Peter got a little secret he keeps from everyone, well we aren’t actually strangers to Peter’s secret. But the way his best friends finds out is epic in itself. Peter sneaks in to his room after coming home after curfew, waiting on him in his room is his best friend, Ned. Jumping down from the ceiling he turns around and there stands Ned. And that moment is quite comedic.
Peter being quite curious he starts investigating on why some strange weapons have come up, it can destroy an entire building. Weapons being made from material that comes from the space attack from Avengers when Loki attacked earth. As the same time he is trying to figure out who is making the weapons and why, he is trying to date the girl he’s been crushing on for a while. So how is he going to date this girl and save New York at the same time.
Also this thing about he wanting to prove himself so he can become an official member of The Avengers.. Tony Stark helped with giving Peter a full designed suit that will help him with his adventures. But after Civil War, Peter is desperate to prove himself for Stark and become an Avenger. So how is this actually going to work out?
Spider-Man: Homecoming is a quite funny film just like how the very first one with Tobey. Tom Holland’s Peter Parker is cheeky, charming and funny. Tom managed to nail the character of Peter Parker just right. At least to me.
Who are the actors in this film and where do we know them from?
- Tom Holland – Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Captain America: Civil War, The Lost City of Z, In The Heart of the Sea)
- Michael Keaton – Adrian Toomes/Vulture (Batman, Spotlight, Batman Returns, Birdman, American Assassin)
- Robert Downey JR – Tony Stark/Iron Man (Iron Man, Avengers, Chef, Sherlock Holmes)
- Marisa Tomei – May Parker (The Wrestler, The Lincoln Lawyer, Crazy Stupid Love, The Rewrite)
- Jon Favreau – Happy Hogan (Iron Man, Chef, Entourage, The Wolf of Wall Street)
- Zendaya – Michelle (Shake it Up, Zapped, Kc Undercover)
- Donald Glover – Aaron Davis (The Martian, Community, Mystery Team, Magic Mike XXL)
- Jacob Batalon – Ned (North Woods, Blood Fest, more to come)
- Martin Starr – Mr Harrington (Knocked Up, This is the End, Silicon Valley)
Who is the director and what is she/he known for?
Jon Watts born in California and known for some films such as Eugene, The Fuzz, Cop Car, Jewish Santa is coming etc.