Back in 1990 they released a TV-mini-series about a killer clown who preys on children to eat them. Some got really scared of clowns due to it. IT is based on the book from the popular horror author Stephen King.
When I heard they where doing a reboot of IT and it would hit cinemas as a shorter version. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical but I ended up liking it, a lot. It had scary moments, they did a good job with th clown. Pennywise is a little graphic in this version, we get to see him take a bite and children with no arms. But the new version really does work. I don’t know why some people feel like complaining saying it’s 100% crap. It’s just more graphic than the one from 1990.
Bill, Ben, Beverly, Mike, Richie, Eddie & Stanley are unlikely friends but they are the ‘Losers Club’ as they call themselves. A few bullied kids who stick together as friends against their abusers. 3 older kids who like to pick on younger ones – brave. One of the bullies have a really horrible father and when you see the scene of him giving his revenge to his father, you will almost cheer.
But the kids are being terrorized by a demon who can shapeshift into anything that people are scared of. Mainly children that goes missing and no one seems to be wanting to search for them, except the ‘Losers Club’. More investigating they do, more terrorized they get and one day, one of them goes missing and that’s when they decide to go after this ting, one of them, Bill, got a fair good reason to wanting go after it – he took his little brother. But can you kill this thing?
We see Bill Skarsgård as Pennywise, most wasn’t happy about it but give him a chance. He is absolutely amazing. Doesn’t surprise considering he comes from a family of actors – his dad and two older brothers. One is in Vikings and other was in True Blood. You also can see Bill in Hemlock Grove on Netflix.
Who are the actors in this film and where do we know them from?
- Jaeden Lieberher – Bill Denbrough (Midnight Special, St Vincent, Aloha)
- Jeremy Ray Taylor – Ben Hanscom (Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip, Ant-Man, 42)
- Sophia Lillis – Beverly Marsh (The Garden, 37, A Midsummer Nights Dream)
- Finn Wolfhard – Richie Tozier (Stranger Things, Sonora)
- Chosen Jacobs – Mike Hanlon (Hawaii Five-O, Cops and Robbers, Remnants)
- Jack Dylan Grazer – Eddie Kaspbrak (Tales of Halloween, Scales)
- Wyatt Oleff – Stanley Uris (Guardians of the Galaxy, Once Upon a Time, </scorpion>)
- Bill Skarsgård – Pennywise (Simple Simon, Atomic Blonde, Allegiant)
- Nicholas Hamilton – Henry Bowers (Captain Fantastic, The Dark Tower, Strangerland)
- Jake Sim – Belch Huggings (Raising Expectations, The Magic Hockey Skates, Arthur)
- Logan Thompson – Victor Criss (Fear Thy Neighbor, Sports Lab)
- Owen Teague – Patrick Hockstetter (Bloodline)
Who is the director and what is she/he known for?
Andy Muschietti directed the film, but I couldn’t find much information about him but he is known for films as IT (2017), Mama (2013) and IT Chapter two. But he got two coming his way as they have been announced. I am looking forward seeing more from this director.