It’s been a incredible year for the horror king himself; Stephen King. We seen The Mist, IT and now Netflix is dropping some Mr King stuff and we have ‘1922’ coming out first. What got my attention with this is the story itself. It’s not a long film but oh boy it is a good one.
It’s 1922, Wilfred is a farmer who is doing a good job with help with his son Henry. His wife Arlette hates the farm and want to sell some land, and obviously Wilfred isn’t exactly too keen on that idea. So he gets a ‘brilliant’ idea of starting to turn their son against his mother. One day, out of the blue, Wilfred agrees with his wife to his wife’s idea to sell some land to get money. He gets her drunk, Wilfred ad Henry carries her to bed. And that is when things goes south. Both of them kills Arlette, in her sleep. To avoid selling some land. She was going to sell anyway without her husbands say so.
Wil and Henry now gets rid of the body and all the evidence of her blood. They are making it look like she took off with a suitcase of clothes and their savings. Everything seems aright so far but then Wil starting to notice some things going around the house. He see’s silhouettes of his wife and lot’s of rats coming everywhere. Some would say this is guilt playing him some tunes or is it an actual haunting taking place?
‘1922’ is a little slow but the story in itself is really good and I would recommend anyone to head over to Netflix and see it right now. You won’t be disappointed. Actors are incredible and so is the story.
Who are the actors in this film and where do we know them from?
- Thomas Jane – Wilfred James (The Mist, Deep Blue Sea, Dreamcatcher Face/Off)
- Molly Parker – Arlette James (The Road, Kissed, Deadwood, House of Cards)
- Dylan Schmid – Henry James (Once Upon a Time, Horns, Shut Eye, Anything for Love)
- Kaitlyn Bernard – Shannon Cottorie (The Healer, Cadence, When Calls the Heart)
- Neal MacDonough – Harlan Cottorie (Minority Report, Flags of our Fathers, Star Trek: First Contact)
- Tanya Champoux – Sallie Cottorie (The Day the Earth Stood Still, 2012, Eve and the Fire House, A Christmas to Remember)
- Brian d’Arcy James – Sheriff James (Spotlight, Shrek the Musical, Game Change)
- Patrick Keating – Mr Stoppenhauser (The Betrayed, The Deadly Pledge, The X Files: I want to Believe)
Who is the director and what is she/he known for?
Zak Hilditch wrote and directed ‘1922’ and you might have seen some of his other work. Mostly shorts. These Final Hours, Transmission and bigger films along side with latest 1922.