When it comes to an all female cast of comedy I’m all for it. It all started with Bridesmaides and bunch of all female cast comedies have been since. And Girls Trip isn’t any different, the four ladies manage to nail the film.
We got four friends; Ryan, Sasha, Lisa & Dina. Been friends since college. But somewhere along the line they lost contact over the years. Ryan is the very successful one, she wrote a successful book and now she might up for a TV deal. Things seems to go well for her. She is going to appear at a festival in New Orleans and she invites her friends along to reunite. And it won’t be a dance on roses that’s for sure.
They meet up at the airport and already then you can tell some things might not be forgotten or forgiven but their weekend goes as planned. We got Sasha the journalist, Lisa the mom & Dina the party girl with a loud mouth. As the weekend goes along, trying to convince Lisa its time to let loose and not be a mom for a weekend isn’t easy, specially with the clothes she chosen to wear. But the girls to their thing and everyone seems to relax and have fun. Just one little detail, Ryan’s life isn’t at perfect as everyone seems to think it is. Her husband have been sleeping around with a Instagram model and Ryan’s friends won’t have that done to their friend. So… Dina attacks and they end up being kicked out of the hotel and need to stay somewhere less… appealing.
So the girls won’t let that ruin their weekend of fun, alot of stuff happens. Like getting high, Lisa finds a man for a weekend. Sasha struggles with her company and it about to go in flames. Ryan struggles to keep it together. Dina.. she just don’t care and goes along for the ride.
I didn’t have high hopes for the film when I saw the trailer but I decided to see it anyway and I was surprised. It’s funny with an good story. Gives you insight to the girl gang. Yes, I would recommend it to anyone who would like to see it. Jokes are hilarious and well played out.
Who are the actors in this film and where do we know them from?
- Regina Hall – Ryan Pierce (Scary Movie, Law Abiding Citizen, Black-ish, When the bough breaks)
- Queen Latifah – Sasha Franklin (Bringing Down the House, Chicago, Star, Miracles from Heaven, Bessie)
- Jada Pinkett Smith – Lisa Cooper (Collateral, Scream, Gotham, Magic Mike XXL)
- Tiffany Haddish – Dina (Keanu, Meet the Spartans, Mad Families, Stunted)
- Larenz Tate – Julian Stevens (The Postman, Ray, A Man Apart)
- Mike Colter – Stewart Pierce (Men in Black 3, Zero Dark Thirty, Luke Cage, Million Dollar Baby)
- Kate Walsh – Elizabeth Davelli (Greys Anatomy, Private Practice, The Perks of being a Wallflower, Kicking & Screaming)
- Deborah Ayorinde – Simone (Game of Silence, Barbershop, Luke Cage)
Who is the director and what is she/he known for?
Malcolm D. Lee born in 1970 in USA, known for movies such as The Best Man Holiday, Undercover Brother, The Best Man, Scary Movie 5 – to name a few of his works.